First United Methodist Church is a family of faith that is passionate in its commitment to children and families. We seek to walk with each person through all ages and stages of life, striving daily to love and live as Jesus did through thought, word, and deed.
Our goal is to provide Christ-centered, faith-filled experiences through Bible study, music, physical activities, and missions opportunities.
There are so many ways for children and families to connect with others at First United Methodist Church. On this page, you will find some of them.
Nursery: available for children who are 8 weeks – 3 years old during both Sunday school and the worship service.
The nursery opens at 9:15 a.m.
Sunday Morning Church School
10:00 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.
One-Room Sunday School – Classes are available for children ages 4 through 6th grade.
- Nursery is available for infants and toddlers
- Ages 4 – 6th grade (across from the nursery)
Learning about the Bible and the rich and wonderful stories it contains is the focus of this group. Each week children will have opportunities to hear stories and participate in activities that will help build the foundation of their faith and experience the love of.
For more information contact:
|Mary Schmidt, Children’s Sunday School Coordinator
Children’s Moment and Children’s Church
During the 11:00 a.m. worship service
- Children’s Moment/Sermon: children 4 years old through 2nd grade are invited after the offering to come to the front of the sanctuary for a time of learning from God’s Word.
- Children’s Church: We want to make sure our time of worship and faith development is rich and meaningful. One of the ways we do that is to make the time of Children’s Church a time of faith development that is age-appropriate and in spaces that are child-friendly. Children’s Church is offered for the following age groups:
- Birth to Pre-K – Nursery care is provided downstairs during Sunday School and the worship service. The nursery opens at 9:15 a.m.
- Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Graders are invited to attend worship and then go to Children’s Church following the Children’s Moment. Children will be in the Chapel on most Sundays. If the location changes, that will be posted on the door of the Chapel.
6th Grade Confirmation
Confirmation Class – Sunday Evenings 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
The 6th Grade Confirmation Class meets each Sunday evening. In the United Methodist Church, Confirmation refers to the intentional commitment that a person makes to respond to God’s grace, publicly reaffirming his/her baptismal vows before the congregation. The focus of our classes throughout the year is to nurture and grow in our faith through a wide variety of fellowship, team-building, and Bible study opportunities, preparing us to be followers of Christ in the Methodist tradition. For more information, contact our pastor, Allen McGraw (email@example.com).
Wednesday Evening AWANA
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
Approved Workers Are Not Ashamed
5:40 – 7:30 p.m.
- 5:40 – 6:00 p.m. – Meal – Fellowship Hall
Cost: $1 per child
- 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. – AWANA Activities
Awana helps us to raise kids who know, love and serve Christ through:
- Large-group lessons and small-group leader and parent guides
- Community outreach and evangelism to children and families
- Bible-centered curriculum
- Fully integrated programs for toddlers through sixth grade
- Emphasis on Scripture memory
- Positive mentor and peer relationships
- Initial and ongoing training of Awana volunteers
- A discipleship approach that aligns with the Wesleyan focus on the Great Commandment
- Dynamic appeal for children and volunteers alike
Awana helsp us to introduce children to Christ and as they build a biblical foundation for their faith:
- Strong on Scripture memory
- Teaches and disciples kids
- Ideal for community outreach
It all starts with these great weekly club programs:
- Puggles: introduces 2- and 3-year-olds to God as Creator and to God’s love and goodness
- Cubbies: preschool-age children learn that God loves them and sent Jesus to be their Savior
- Sparks: kindergarten through second-graders discover the joy of walking with Jesus
- Truth & Training: helps third- to sixth-graders develop as disciples of Christ
For more information contact:
|Audrey King, AWANA Coordinator